I solved this by testing parameter passing by shelling to a batch file that
shows the parameters it received and pausing until I can digest it.
Here is the line I use to shell to a program in the current folder that
process the input file and creates the output file:
! ProgramName "&VariableWithInputFileNameWithEmbeddedSpaces" OutputFileName

i have discovered that if one passes the parameters without any attempt to
put elements into quotes or double quotes - things just work.  One does
need double quotes around filenames with embedded spaces and macro
expansion allows using a filename in a variable.

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 2:12 AM Joe Yoder <j...@wheypower.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I have done this before but now I can't figure out the
> syntax to make this happen.  I finally substituted a batch file to display
> the parameters passed in and to pause to allow reading time.  The batch
> file reports parameters passed in from the command linre but none from VFP.
>
> Can someone help me out?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Joe

multipart/alternative