Tracy

Thanks for your reply - I found that _mover and _supermover are set up
with a property "sortleft" and that the code I need refers to the
"sorted" propertry of the left listbox (lstLeft).  So I set
_supermover.sortleft = .T. and (just to be sure <g>)
_supermover.lstLeft.Sorted = .T.

Didn't work.  Here's why - part of the code (which moves an item from
right to left) is this

lstLeft.RowSourceType = 5

This resets (rather than preserves) the value of lstLeft.Sorted.  Then
there are more places where the check IF lstLeft.Sorted occurs.

By replacing (paraphrased code follows) "IF lstLeft.Sorted" with "IF
lstLeft.Sorted OR lstLeft.Parent.SortLeft" I solved the problem (of the
left side always appearing sorted).  The right side should be pretty
easy to do now I can see what is going on.

I am surprised this hasn't shown up before as a bug of the _mover class