The article that appeared in the Washington Post this morning, titled
"Justice Dept. Database Stirs Privacy Fears", should at the very least
give every American concern about their privacy.  I know the country
needs a single source that can be consulted and help coordinate the
efforts of the various branches of government like the DOD, DOJ, FBI,
CIA, NSA, and various law enforcement agency around the country, etc, so
everybody is on the same page, but such a system should not be without
diligent oversight by Congress, the Supreme Court, and American people,
and it should comply with the letter and spirit of the US constitution.

I think the new Democratic Congress will try to bring "habeas corpus"
back into the legal process for those suspected of being "enemy
combatant".  I certainly hope so.  After all, this is America.

Regards,

LelandJ