From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen the
Cook
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 09:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [NF] SQL Server Management Studio Express

Stephen the Cook <> wrote:
> Man-wai CHANG <> wrote:
>> It's really a pig in both speed an size... is there trick to speed it
>> up?
>>
>> (what the hell is it+.Net doing in the background??)
>
> What is slow?

I have found that heavy batch operations that would generate 40,000
transactions a run would run
faster in 2005 then 2000.  That would be a batch process that took 3 hours to
run went down to 2.25
running the same .net code base just a different sever instance for 2005
instead of 2000.
(Same machine)

Granularity became much better so your security is much tighter.  Encryption of
a column is real
cool also.

So what wasn't running fast anyway?

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles
and misguided men."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/

6:29 PM