Hey Stephen:  I am self-un-employed and have been for 15 years.  If I were
getting a paycheck I would be doing my own taxes.  When it comes to
self-employment there are way too many factors to consider for me when doing
my taxes.  For example:  wages vs. dividends, office in residence, how I
treat my primary vehicle, computer and software purchases.

"Certified" means that they meet requirements to keep their license.  Using
a non-certified tax preparer would be similar to using a Para-legal;
perfectly fine in most cases.  The important thing about a CPA is their
continuing education.  My CPA has 200 small businesses just like mine for
clients and he spends his continuing education studying the changes in tax
rules.

FYI - I also have a hardware guy that builds my computers, for the same
reason.  I can't keep up with the changes in hardware.  When I think of the
time I used to spend setting up a computer and installing OS and software,
it's embarrassing.

Jeff

Jeff Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]