I agree with all except the multiple monitors, I have multiple monitors on
Win2K - no problem. If you have trouble, it is probably due to the driver.
You may be able to get an upgrade.

Maybe we need a list of reasons for not upgrading:
1. don't have to worry about being forced to load IE7 with all the problems
it causes.
2. activation - no need to call and be put on hold for 30 minutes when you
upgrade your hard drive (stupid!!)
3. No need to hassle with sharing since it works in Win2K as it should
and XP never did work.
4. No need to go through the new 'look and feel/themes'

Win2K was the last OS from Microsoft that worked pretty well.

As far as the remote desktop - there are many alternatives available that
work great.

I'll bet MS could increase their income by eliminating the activation crap
and all the people who take those phone calls. Probably millions per year.
I'll bet it costs them more than it produces. All they would have to do is
imprint a name with each serial number and not allow it to be changed.
Everytime it is installed, that same name would have to be entered. It could
all be automated and would save them millions. That way you could upgrade
your hard drive without the phone call. A stolen copy would have a certain
name/serial number and could be easily blocked automatically. I have been
using that with my software since 1982 and I have no trouble with pirated
copies. I freely distribute trial versions. When they register, I check some
things to ensure it is valid and give them a serial number cannot be used by
anyone else without that same name appearing on the screen every time it
comes up. If I am told about a pirated copy (1 time in all those years), it
is easy to determine who distributed it. Most shareware that I have works
that way. No need for activation. I guess that is too simple. MS would
rather hassle all their clients - or maybe they are getting bad advice from
someone who is making a lot of money from the activation nonsense.

On 2/14/07, Derek Kalweit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >  o new 'look and feel'/themes
> >  o Easy Alternate IP configuration for NIC's(useful for laptops)
> >  o ClearType fonts
> >  o Better handling of multiple monitors
> >  o Able to run IE7(Microsoft's attempt at forcing late adopters from W2K
> to XP)
> >
> Ah-- just remembered the #1 reason to go to WINXP Pro from W2K Pro--
> Remote Desktop.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---