Jeff Johnson wrote:
>  After all, I can only read my simple code
> that I make sure I can understand 15 years later.  I also put lots of
> comments like "Patty wanted it done this way 9/10/1991".

Oh, good.  I'm not the only one who puts in "I know it's stupid - but
they MADE me do it this way." comments.  After the 10th "WHY would you
EVER do it THAT way" meeting, I also started posting in the original
e-mails as comments, as well!  :-)

My personal favorite comments are: "They told me to take this out, but I
know they're going to ask for it back in a year or two, so I'm just
going to comment it out."
Every time one of those pays off, (ie, "add" a "new" feature by simply
uncommenting the previous code)  I pat myself on the back, bask in the
glow of smug satisfaction, and bill them an hour.  :-)