>> I wonder if Dave or Rick can comment on the light of their experience(s)
>> with SnagIt ?<<

Yes, Snagit can capture drop-down lists and menus. It also does time captures
if you like, but I
don't really need to do this to capture a menu as there is a specific mode to
capture them. I
capture menus and drop-downs using the normal object input mode. SnagIt plain
rocks.

10 input modes, 12 output modes, gobs of graphic formats to save to, and the
slickest screen image
editor around. It is the most used utility on my machine next to WinZip.

I have met the team over at Techsmith since they are practically in my backyard
(about an hour and a
half from my office). I did a field trip one day on my way to present at the
Mid-Michigan Fox User
and Developer Group. The developers, the tech support people, the evangelist,
marketing, and even
the president of the company. Everyone of them were kind to me and genuinely
interested in how I use
their products and things I think could be enhanced and improved. If I was
thinking of working for
someone else in my career I would not hesitate to put in for a job at
Techsmith.

If you are in the Detroit area on Sunday May 11th you can come see a
presentation I am doing for the
Southeastern Michigan Computer Organization on SnagIt. Should be a fun time. I
did a session for the
Sterling Heights Computer Club about a year ago. When I offered it to the group
the president asked,
"Do you think you can fill an hour with a screen capture program?" He cut me
off at 90 minutes and I
still had a couple of things to show <g>. The product is deep.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com
www.swfox.net