>> I believe that M$ figured out that if the deal went through, all the
>> significant employees at
Yahoo would flee to Google or start a competitor. <<

I have already read many of the Yahoo developers left the company, and
Microsoft continued to pursue
the deal. This was not a deal breaker at all. I have also read some have
returned. This is part of
the unfortunate mess created by this attempted acquisition as I mentioned.

>> M$ has many of the world's best programmers. How many of them have you heard
>> of in the past 9
years?<<

Microsoft is hiring 15,000 people this year alone. Many of them developers. I
might have a slightly
different relationship understanding Microsoft than you do, but I know quite a
few developers at
Microsoft, and they are all genius and are all compassionate towards the
customers and their needs.
The people I know working there love the internal atmosphere and the way the
company treats the
staff. My son is interning on the OneNote team and is having a terrific
experience.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com