Detroit Area Fox User Group (DAFUG) presents:
"Square Peg, Round Hole - Retrofitting Client Server Data Access into Legacy
FoxPro Applications"
By Toni Feltman of F1 Technologies
Thursday, August 14, 2008

Southwest Fox 2008 Rehearsal

- "Square Peg, Round Hole - Retrofitting Client Server Data Access into Legacy
FoxPro Applications"
- Toni Feltman

With the increasing size of tables and changing application requirements, many
seasoned FoxPro
developers are being forced to move their data out of FoxPro and into a real
database server. This
would be an easy task if we all had the time to completely rewrite our
applications from the ground
up. Unfortunately most business cannot just be put on hold while 15+ years of
development is
evaluated, refactored and rewritten for client-server. This session will look
at ways to easily
migrate existing applications into client server architecture without much
disruption to the
business.

- Open discussion and the other normal chatter of tips and tricks.
- Anything else people want to talk about.

*** DOOR PRIZES ***
We have a bunch of books and other door prizes courtesy of Microsoft.

Hope to see you there.
More DAFUG details at http://www.dafug.org

Agenda:
6:00 - 8:00 Presentation
8:00 - ?    Food

Future Planned DAFUG Meetings and Speakers:
August 14, 2008 - "Square Peg, Round Hole - Retrofitting Client Server Data
Access into Legacy
FoxPro Applications" - Toni Feltman
September 11, 2008 - "Customizing Vertical Market Apps" - Cathy Pountney
October 9, 2008  - TBD
November 20, 2008  - TBD
December 11, 2008  - TBD

DAFUG meets on the second or third Thursday of the month (except for July).

Admission to DAFUG meetings will be granted free to anyone for 1 (one) meeting.
After that you must
either join the group (at the low cost of $30 a year, $15 for a half year) or
you will be asked to
pay $5 per meeting you attend. The $5 will grant you admission but no other
rights or privileges of
membership.

Rick Schummer, Secretary for DAFUG