Geoff

If you're going to start without understanding that XML is a standard,
we'll be unable to continue. Please note the number of uses of the
word standard here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML

It came about to reduce the flavor-of-the-minute-non-standard styles
everybody and his dog comes up with in the name of "efficiency" which
just ends up making for more conversion and less performance overall.