If the USA health insurance system is to be reformed, we
have to ask a few questions; because, I'm not sure
privatization alone is a holistic approach.  Although,
privatization would encourage competition, there are other
issue that must be addressed.

Why are health insurance premium so high and health
insurance companies going to such lengths in filtering out
those most in need of the insurance, (eg high health risk
individuals).  I'm not sure the insurance companies are
gouging.  The premium charges by insurance companies are
regulated and should be based on their claims experience, so
the the claims being paid by insurance companies must be
very expensive.

Why are insurance claims so high.  My guess is the cost
individual are paying hospitals, doctors, the pharmaceutical
companies, health equipment supplies, and other that make up
the health care system of the USA are very high.  In
addition to privatization, there should be some mechanism in
place to regulate the public health care industry to check
prices charged for goods and services has some relation to
cost, so that the many pieces that make up the health
industry industry are allowed to make a profit sufficient to
continue in business and attract outstanding talent into the
industry.

Also, there needs to be incentives in the system to
encourage people to take better case of themselves like
physical exercise, proper diet, enough sleep, etc.  Health
care reform should include measures to prevent people from
falling into the high health risk category, which could
drastically reduce the pressure and cost current bearing
down on the system.

For example, a bad driver who has too many tickets or too
many accidents could find himself being put into an
"assigned risk" pool.  People that have to acquire their
insurance through "assigned risk" pay a higher premium for
auto insurance than the normal driver, but at least they can
obtain coverage.  Each insurance company mush accept their
percentage of the assigned risk pool of drivers.  The more
expensive premiums paid by the high risk drivers serves as
an incentive for the high risk dirvier to improve.  LOL

The time for change, (eg reform), of the USA health care
system is way pass due.  Many other countries have been
successfully operating under a nationalized universal health
care system for years.  That the USA has not yet solved the
problems in its disgraceful health care system is shameful,
but understandable.  The current health care system probably
controls more money the the US Government.  LOL

Regards,

LelandJ