On Mar 8, 2014 3:00 PM, "Yike Lu" <yikelu.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm actively trying to come up with reasons to slip it into my daily
> routine (which is about 95% Python), and I keep failing. I would have to
> spend probably a month or two of off-hours development to get my small
> j-table project up to par with Python's pandas in just the simple stuff.

I am in the same camp with how you feel about Python and R. I am oddly
drawn to J for the syntax and challenge of learning something very
different than my day to day. The community is really engaging and has a
depth to it. The documentation, wiki and history is vast.

P.s. I also liked the music. It helped keep my attention up since there was
no other sound.