On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Joe Bogner <joebog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I can generate a string and evaluate it, but is there a better way than
> evaluating the string?

Here are some options:

". (or do - the advantage of do being that it's a name so you can specify
which locale to use).

128!:2 (string should represent a verb)

"absolute power"  (see http://tinyurl.com/kf856cx)

form a gerund and pass to an evoking verb (e.g. 4 :'x`:6 y') -- here, the
string would be used in forming the gerund.

form a string and pass to a defining adverb (e.g. (3 :)).

Start with an array of gerunds and an evoking structure such that you work
with indices which select the appropriate operation. Here, I'm not sure
what use a string would be.

And of course, there are other possibilities. The real issue is: what do
you want to accomplish?

Thanks,

--
Raul