Nice work. I believe the smoothing that you see is due to the max bound on the number of iterations (24). But as you raise that, things slow down.

On 1/2/2016 9:11 PM, Michal Wallace wrote:
Hey all. Happy new year!

I made a small GUI app for a tutorial video I'm planning:

     https://github.com/tangentstorm/mandelbrowse

It draws the mandelbrot set, and lets you zoom in and out.

I was hoping I could get some feedback on the code before I filmed anything.

In particular, you can only zoom in a few steps before the edge starts
smoothing out.
I think the problem has to do with lack of precision in J's complex number
type.
Is there anything I can do about this, other than implementing my own
complex
number type as a pair of extended precision numbers?

Thanks!

-Michal