Here's how I got to my standard palette.
    viewmat i.8
   ]RGB=:255*#:i.8
  0   0   0
  0 255   0
255   0   0
255   0 255
255 255   0
255 255 255
   RGB viewmat i.8

   ]GRB=:1 0 2{"1 RGB
  0   0   0
255   0   0
255   0 255
  0 255   0
255 255   0
255 255 255
   GRB viewmat i.8
  (|.GRB) viewmat i.8

   (|.GRB) viewmat i.8

Now colors range from white to black and you can "see" white in JHS.

An image shows where,all the very big numbers as white to very light colors.
Very small numbers very dark to black in the image.

Then, the final image is just a picture of where numbers in the data are.

MY STANDARD PALETTE:  GRB=:|.255*1 0 2{"1 #:i.8

Linda