It might be because it’s not a real issue.
It not being a real issue might be why none
of those languages changed its name.

I know of at least A,B,C,D,E,I,J,K,M,Q,R, and S
as language names¹ – and I bet there are X,Y and Z
at least.
Why didn’t their respective communities change
the name? Are we the only enlightened people
seeing an issue everyone else is blind to?

(And do we want to set us more apart from K and Q?)

¹ tbh, I don’t remember if E was actually a proper language