I got it working now, I used the guess_legacy_field_names() to check what was
the correct field for the rule '001', and it worked with '_id' so I just added
it based on the sip.metadata['recid'] while making the record (and before
producing the marcxml).

A post-upload hook would take care of updating record ID <-> SIP
relationship in this approach.  Kind of like "bst_send_email.py" takes
care to email the original submitter of a document only after the record
is fully ingested.

I gave preference to the other approach, seemed less complex and with less post
work to do.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions,
Pedro