Hi Thomas, *,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Thomas Hackert <thack...@nexgo.de> wrote:
> Hello Christian, *,
> On Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2013 12:00 Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>
>>> See
>> http://www.mail-
> archive.com/webs...@global.libreoffice.org/msg11340.html
>> and follow-ups for a description of the changes.
>
> I have read it, but I have some questions ... ;)
>
>> Some strings were changed/added, so if you could please provide
>> updated translations..
>
> OK.
>
>> I received a couple via mail already. But far from the complete
>> list :-)
>>
>> See
>> https://github.com/tdf/cms-
> code/commit/6efa4d4492a5faf5fe53e1500f6900777c616aeb#diff-3
>
> There I found only en_US stings. Where do I find the ones for e.g.
> German?

If no translations will be provided by you or other people, the german
translation will be done by myself.
And if you look at the subject of the mail: the goal is to make people
provide the translations :-)

>> for the changed/added strings.
>> and http://staging.libreoffice.org/download/ for context of the
>> strings.
>
> If I understood the discussion on the website list correctly, it
> should be show something like "Your wanted download is not available
> in this version/language/something", or am I wrong?

yes.

> If I click on
> http://staging.libreoffice.org/download/?type=box&version=4.0.4&lang=de,
> I get
> <quote>
> Selected: LibreOffice CD/DVD-images, version 4.0.4, German
> </quote>
> (which did not exist), but on the download button is the text
> <quote>
> LO-4.0.4_English-NA-DVD_All-Platforms_Multi-Lang_plus-extras.iso
> </quote>

Well - the boxes are both multi lang, so they show up no matter what
language is selected when you pick the box. The NA-DVD would allow to
install LO in german, so that's why it is also shown.

If you want to see the "no regular downloads" string, use something like

http://staging.libreoffice.org/download/?type=win-x86&version=3.6.5

i.e. there is a portable version of 3.6.5 still on the mirrors (and
thus available on the dl-page), but the main downloads are already
moved to old, since 3.6.6 is current.

> plus the link to http://staging.libreoffice.org/get-
> involved/donate/dl/box/4.0.4/multi/LO-4.0.4_English-NA-DVD_All-
> Platforms_Multi-Lang_plus-extras.iso?idx=1 ... :( Is it intended, or
> did I get something wrong?

That's the point - to integrate it to the donation page. If you click
on it, you are on the Donate page that will start the download via
meta-refresh.

"Your download LO-4.0.4_English-NA-DVD_All-Platforms_Multi-Lang_plus-extras.iso
should begin shortly. Please click the link in case it doesn't start."
(the filename is the link)

In the case for multiple downloads (like additional help and/or
languagepacks, or additional source tarballs), the donate-page will
also offer those as buttons, so you don't have to go back to download
those supplemental/optional files.

On the main site, it would point to
donate.libreoffice.org/<whateverlanguage>/....

ciao
Christian