On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:42:02AM +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Michael Meeks wrote (18-07-13 17:35)
>
> >* Should we kill TDF .deb builds ? (Bjoern)
>
> For my understanding, that means that people that for reasons prefer
> to install without system integration and do testing and or work
> with their own deployment plan, ...
> would not be able to download the versionXYZ_x86_deb.tag.gz any more
> from libreoffice.org/download ?
> Handy alternatives ?

The proposal was to build straightforward tarballs instead of something
faking to be a debian package. That would still allow all of the above. Note
though that at least for Ubuntu the PPAs are really quick and allow you to keep
control of your deployment plan for major releases (e.g. the libreoffice-4-0
ppa will not update you to LibreOffice 4.1).

Best,

Bjoern