Hi Bjoern,

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote (24-07-13 12:07)

The proposal was to build straightforward tarballs instead of something
faking to be a debian package.

I should look up what a 'faked debian package' is :)

That would still allow all of the above.

Using Alien I guess?
Note that in our very early days (hmm, you were not here at that time ;) ) people were looking for 'debs' to download. But if a workflow with alien is available by default, reasonable fast and good to explain... ok.

Note
though that at least for Ubuntu the PPAs are really quick and allow you to keep
control of your deployment plan for major releases (e.g. the libreoffice-4-0
ppa will not update you to LibreOffice 4.1).

Great of course, but that will only cover part of the needs & wishes I guess.

Cheers,
Cor

--
 - Cor Nouws