On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Rimas Kudelis <r...@akl.lt> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On 2015 m. sausio 28 d. 09:09:27 EET, Rimas Kudelis <r...@akl.lt> wrote:
>>

>>On 2015 m. sausio 28 d. 08:10:38 EET, jonathon <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>>
>>>BTW, when you say "style guide", which specific one do you mean?
>>
>>The one you're looking for, assuming it exists. If not, or could be a
>>combination of Gnome HIG and any American English style guide we (the
>>LibO community) would deem acceptable and meeting our needs (e.g. The
>>Chicago Manual of Style).
>
> In fact, I just thought that it doesn't even have to be a formal manual: if
> somebody would be willing to oversee style consistency in our strings, and
> that style would look acceptable by our en-US users, then why not? Especially
> if that person would be willing to formalize these rules into a written style
> manual along the way.
>
> --
> Rimas

This document may be of interest:
https://obriend.fedorapeople.org/WritingStyleGuide/
It's only recently (last year) been open sourced and made public.

On the Docs list, I wrote:

Here is one I remember from OOo:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Help_Style_Guide

There is also a short (and somewhat out of date) writing style guide
for LO user guides. It is Chapter 5 in the LO Docs Contributors Guide. See
here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Contributors_Guide

In Docs, we mainly referred to the relevant sections of _Read Me
First! A Style Guide for the Computer Industry_ by Sun Technical
Publications.

--Jean