On the tsdb part, yes I'm inline with you Julien in a sense where it's
complicated to test it.

But I think here you could start with a light environment and then improve
it later to check much more things.

Besides I would be a bit surprised than you cannot install some exporter
and a Consul server for the discovery.
@Sven: I suppose that's possible doesn't it ?

Of course you won't cover every possibility every test for the tsdb and of
course it won't cover the benchmark test, but that's a start.

You are the expert here so you will tell me if I'm completely wrong. But I
guess you have a sort of checklist when you are fast testing the tsdb from
PR. And I suppose for most of these test it doesn't require a complicated
dev environment.

And instead of pulling the PR, compiling the binary, potentially starting
the different exporter, server needed for the discovery and so on, well you
have it online. So potentially you will gain time.