On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, David Aspinall wrote:

Dear PG developers,

We're considering a change of license for Proof General (Emacs) from GPL to a BSD-style license (probably the Modified BSD). The main reason for a change to a more permissive license is so that colleagues at MSR and elsewhere can collaborate more easily with us.

I don't mind either way. BSD-style licensing might give some people the warm feeling that they could in principle produce a closed version, but this is rather theoretical in practice, since there are always dependencies on GPL components.

        Makarius