Hello Edward

Interesting that you're trying this!  Although I should warn that we haven't
been actively developing the PGIP infrastructure for a while: which interface
are you hoping to use it with?

Anyway, you should have no problem with multiple <errorresponse> in PGIP.  You
need to set the fatality attribute to "warning" (or anything except
"fatal"/"panic").  The restriction you mention applies to the plain text
protocol used inside Emacs for real errors, which correspond to PGIP
<errorresponse fatality="fatal">.

Hope this helps,

 - David

On 6 Apr 2012, at 04:15, Edward Z. Yang wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm working on partial PGIP support Coq, and one thing that I would like
> to support is the case when Coq outputs "warning" messages, of which
> there are many but which are nonfatal.  I'm wondering what the right
> tag for these are.  <errorresponse> is not correct, because we're only
> allowed to have one before <ready/>.  Is <metainforesponse> correct?
> It seems too generic, and where am I supposed to attach other metadata?
>
> Cheers,
> Edward

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.