Am 22.04.2015 um 00:39 schrieb Makarius:
[ ... ]

Just keep the path open.

The path to connect Emacs to the PIDE infrastructure of Isabelle is still open. It should be even easier now than the classic Proof General TTY loop (which I did together with David Aspinall in 1998/1999). It did not happen so far, and I don't believe it will happen in the foreseeable future, due to the structure of the remaining Emacs community.

    Makarius

Thanks! Should your time permit to point me at some Emacs-related issues which came into the way, would like to look at.

Andreas