Building OpenProofPower-2.9.1w2 has been found to fail on Cygwin on Vista: a
segmentation fault is reported in build.log and a stackdump pp-ml.exe.stackdump
is producied beginning with the line

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=610E384A

If this happens to you, then first of all make sure you aren't suffering from
the problem with your Cygwin installation described here:

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-status-access-violation

If that doesn't help, then you will need to change the file src/hol.mkf. I will
put a patch on the website to do this soon, but that may not be for a few days
(since I want to build a Vista system to test against first). If you would like
a work-around sooner than that, then please e-mail me.

Many thanks to Anthony Hall for pointing this problem out and persevering
through to a solution.