David,

> On 15 Dec 2014, at 22:24, David Topham <dtop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Rob, Yes I was following the instructions in the README file and did
> ./configure, then ./install but it failed on the line in the Makefile that
> invoked PolyML.commit();
>
> I replaced that in the Makefile with:
> PolyML.export("mypoly",PolyML.rootFunction);
>
> ...and it ran further, but still I have been unable to compile it
> successfully all the way with other errors I haven't tracked down yet.  If
> you have time, I could keep trying, and report to you what I can't figure out
> on my own.

I have copied this over to the ProofPower mailing list where we should be able
to answer it for you. What version have you downloaded? In version 2.9.1w8,
there is a spurious occurrence of PolyML.commit in src/dev.mkf, but it is in a
variable that is no longer used and shouldn’t stop anything building.