David,

On 16 Dec 2014, at 16:25, David Topham <dtop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for helping Rob,  TinyCore does have uname, and that command returns
> "Linux".
>
> It uses BusyBox for shell commands and a subset of dd is supported which does
> not have the lcase option!

Ah! I try to make the ProofPower build process only use POSIX features
of the usual UN*X utilities. BusyBox’s dd is not POSIX-compliant if it doesn’t
support conv=lcase.

xpp.mkf is the only ProofPower make file that needs this trick, so if you just
edit it to say

OS=linux

you should be able to make more progress. I will be interested to hear how you
get on.