David,

On 22 Feb 2015, at 16:47, David Topham <dtop...@ohlone.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to get a proof listing (of hypothetical syllogism) for teaching
> purposes.
>
> Thanks to help from Roger, I have the proof working, but would like to use
> PrettyPrinter to put each step of proof on different line. I almost have it,
> but ran into a snag with the special character Q (which means something
> special to ProofPower).
>
> I attached the screen capture where you can see the Q has become QQQQ.

There is a function translate_for_output which undoes the encoding.

Even easier in your example, there is a function diag_line which translates a
string for output and prints it on standard output followed by a newline
character.
If you change your definition of printList

val printList = app diag_line;

it should do what you want.

Regards,

Rob.