Rob,

I have build 3.1w5 and am seeing Z characters in the terminal which is great!

I find that I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the Poly/ML libraries when running. I suspect that this is because the polyc command in HOLSTARTCMD in hol.mkf does does not include
  LD_RUN_PATH=$(LD_RUN_PATH)
(Similarly for SLRPSTARTCMD in dev.mkf)
Is there any reason for that?

Regards,