Hi,

I’ve got two errors when I install pp, on the latest version of Mac OS 10.10.2.
The causes of these two errors are the path of X11 which seems to be different.
I am thinking my experience might be helpful, so I share the errors and the
fixes here.

The error messages I got are
         'X11/Intrinsic.h' file not found

and
         directory not found for option '-L/usr/X11R6/lib’.

For the first error, it can be fixed by adding a link from your local x11 path
to the one which the install program search for. For example:

        ln -s /opt/X11/include/X11 /usr/local/include/X11

where “/opt/X11/include/X11” is my local install of X11.

For the second error, I changed the makefile for the xpp, which is located at
        xpp/xpp.mdk.

The changes I made are to substitute
         /usr/X11R6
         /opt/X11

best,
Yuhui

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.