As I have mentioned in the past, I use xpp (and ProofPower) to teach
programming in a literate way.  We can easily combine several languages
into one document (sml, c++, latex, etc) and then use docsml/doctex to
extract the separate pieces to be compiled.   The biggest resistance I get
to adoption of this way of programming is that the editor does not help us
"see" the different languages very well. i.e. There is no color-coding of
language keywords.
Has anyone investigated a way to integrate that feature into the xpp
editor?
I am used to all one color, but have enough experience that seeing the
difference between latex and c++ is relatively easy -- not so for beginners
learning both languages at the same time. Many have already had some
exposure to IDEs such as Code::Blocks that highlight the keywords.
-Dave
 *How 'Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm? (After They've Seen Paree)*