I have made some more progress in applying ProofPower to forward proofs in
discrete math. e.g. I can prove DeMorgan's theorem successful
(propositional calculus).  I would like to use the newly proved theorem in
other proofs now.  What is the best strategy to do that?  Is it to create
an SML function that takes an argument of type TERM and returns a THM?
Could you give an example of a proved THM intended to be used as a new rule
of inference?

I also discovered the  not_or_thm in the zed theory, which is DeMorgan's
Law, but that does not seem to be a function, so I am not sure how to apply
it in a forward proof.

I appreciate any pointers in the right direction (or reference to which
manual might enlighten me). Thanks, Dave