On 3/11/14, 5:04 PM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
I did an interesting test yesterday:

I opened two differente XMPP accounts on two PCs, and started sending
messages from A to B.

I unplugged the network cable from B, without stopping the messages. For
a short while B still apeared online (since it had not timed out yet).

About 30 minutes later, I reconnected the cable on B.  The messages I
had sent from A before B timed-out did not arrive. They were lost in
the nether, never to be seen again. And they did not BOUNCE to A either.

While this is a very controled lab-like case, the truth is, we all
timeout at some point, and, evidently, messages are getting lost.

Is there any way around this? Any setting, XEP, plugin, etc?

What clients did you test with? Do they support stream management (XEP-0198)?

Peter