On 2014-10-09 06:21, Kim Alvefur wrote:
Hello,

On 2014-10-07 15:58, deoren wrote:
I've looked through the docs, the SQL storage modules and Googled for an
answer, but I don't see how to connect to a remote MySQL server over a
SSL connection. Am I missing something or is this not supported? Perhaps I'm explaining it wrong, but I'd like to use encryption between Prosody
and a remote MySQL server.

This is not currently supported.  It would require some changes to both
Prosody and LuaDBI.  And libmysqlclient needs to be compiled with it
enabled.

Here's docs for what will need to be added in LuaDBI:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-ssl-set.html

--
Regards,
Kim "Zash" Alvefur

Thanks for the confirmation. Since making those changes are far beyond my skill set I'll look into some alternate options (SSL tunneling, etc).