On 2014-11-06 06:08, deoren wrote:
> If I have enabled debug mode, what does the AUTH entry contain?
>
> Example debug entry:
>
> Oct 24 20:45:29 chirp prosody[17248]: example.org:auth_dovecot: sending
> "AUTH#01167#011PLAIN#011service=xmpp#011resp=BASE64_STRING_HERE"
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what does (what appears to be) the base64
> string represent?

It's a SASL message.  What it contains depends on what SASL mechanism is
used.  Here, in the case of PLAIN, it will be username and password
separated by NUL characters.

> Also, is it specific to the use of the dovecot auth
> module?

This specific message is, yes.  It logs everything it sends and receives
to/from Dovecot for debugging because it's an non-stable module.

--
Kim "Zash" Alvefur