Reverting back to nightly v93 restores the port. I have mod_bosh loaded with all default options.

Ironically, I was just about to change the configuration to trust "insecure" BOSH connections proxied by nginx via TLS on localhost:5280, but I hadn't gotten quite that far yet.

Once I reverted to nightly 93 I upgraded again to nightly 95 just to confirm it wasn't a fluke and the results were duplicated: port 5281 just isn't open for nightly 95.