Hi,

With a TCP 5222 connection I find that messages are saved normally for a
user previously connected via TCP 5222 that goes offline, but if I
enable BOSH connections for that same user and then disconnect the
client (for example in Pidgin I take the account offline) then offline
messages are not stored until the BOSH session timer runs out and the
session is killed.

Any messages that I would have expected to see queued and saved to the
file appear to be lost, but any new messages sent to the offline user
once the mod_smacks timer runs out are stored in the
'/var/lib/prosody/example%2eorg/offline/user.list' file as expected.

I'm running 1518:9475fe14d58d of the modules due to the issues I
previously reported (on the list and off-list directly to
develop...@prosody.im), so I don't know if this particular issue has
been resolved in a later module update.

I've replicated this on the nightly build 96 all the way back to nightly
build 84 (made a rather unscientific jump from nightly 93 to 84).

I've gotten the same results with and without the mod_smacks module loaded.

################################
# prosodyctl about
################################

Prosody 0.10 nightly build 96 (2014-11-21, 873538f0b18c)

# Prosody directories
Data directory:         /var/lib/prosody
Plugin directory:       /opt/prosody-modules;/usr/lib/prosody/modules/
Config directory:       /etc/prosody
Source directory:       /usr/lib/prosody

# Lua environment
Lua version:                    Lua 5.1

Lua module search paths:
  /usr/local/share/lua/5.1/?.lua
  /usr/local/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua
  /root/.luarocks/share/lua/5.1/?.lua
  /root/.luarocks/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua
  /usr/lib/prosody/?.lua
  /usr/local/share/lua/5.1/?.lua
  /usr/local/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua
  /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/?.lua
  /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/?/init.lua
  /usr/share/lua/5.1/?.lua
  /usr/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua

Lua C module search paths:
  /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/?.so
  /root/.luarocks/lib/lua/5.1/?.so
  /usr/lib/prosody/?.so
  /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/?.so
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lua/5.1/?.so
  /usr/lib/lua/5.1/?.so
  /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so

LuaRocks:               Installed (2.0.8)

# Lua module versions
lfs:            LuaFileSystem 1.6.2
lxp:            LuaExpat 1.3.0
socket:         LuaSocket 3.0-rc1