Hi Simon,

On 9 April 2015 at 00:27, Simon Hill <simonhill...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> What's the overview on scaling prosody? Lua is fast, prosody is lightweight,
> and you guys are awesome, but apart from that I know little about what to
> expect as more concurrent users get added. I'm expecting to have to support
> hundreds of simultaneous connections and tens of thousands of JIDs.

For those numbers there's really not much to do. The most important
thing is just make sure you're using libevent (
https://prosody.im/doc/libevent ). You can confirm by Prosody's log
message at startup, which should say "Prosody is using the epoll
backend for connection handling" (on Linux).

For public servers it's also a good idea to enable mod_limits (from
prosody-modules), make sure mod_privacy and mod_compression  are
disabled (they are disabled by default), and enable mod_muc_limits too
if you have public chatrooms.

But there's no trick to it, Prosody will easily serve hundreds (and
well into the thousands) on any reasonable server without you having
to pay much attention to it.