I am running nginx which proxies messages to prosody.

I have a device connected over a websocket to prosody. The only way to
communicate to the device from outside is sending private IQ messages to
the device. That said I can think of 2 approaches

1. Open a new port for receiving HTTP requests which can then be converted
to an appropriate stanza before sending to the device. if this approach is
better, then how do I fire an event for the session manager to forward this
stanza to the connected device

2. Create a new component that acts as a HTTP server as well as a TCP
client/server (connected to prosody).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Harsha