Not sure about the proper way to submit a pull request, but we have some
proposed modifications to the existing module that I'd like some feedback
on first.

1. push_enabled is not persisted across server restarts (only reloads).
This means that users won't receive pushes until they login again. Is there
an easy way to accomplish this with the existing persistent storage API? I
had trouble finding docs for the storage API.
2. pushes are triggered for typing notifications (and possibly other
extraneous stanzas as well). Would this be desired for some use cases and
configurable (for instance to wake up the receiving client more quickly),
or would it be better to just filter out all messages without a body?

Thanks!