Hi all,

I have just noticed (after my client told me!) that Protel gerbers of
octagonal pads end up as rounded pads. Is this just a configuration
problem or does Protel not like octagonal pads or is there some
other good reason for this behaviour? The actual problem is that the
PCB manufacturer reproduced the octagonal pads somehow but
the paste screen made from Protel gerbers has rounded holes
which, apparently, causes some minor problems...

Thanks.
Regards,
Les.

Les Grant. VK2KYJ.      Phone: 02 9896 7150 Fax: 02 9631 1236
Grantronics Pty Ltd     Int'l: +612 9896 7150, +612 9631 1236
PO Box 275                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wentworthville. NSW. 2145.      http://www.grantronics.com.au
Australia.
Microcontroller Hardware and Software development:  Atmel AVR
8051 derivatives, 80C196 family, C, ASM, Digital and analogue
Australian distributor for:
o Dunfield Development Systems low cost development tools
o ImageCraft AVR and Motorola Windows-hosted C compilers