Hi Protel users...

I notice that when I create a BOM with the Schematic program sometimes parts
that are on the schematic do not show up in the BOM.

After some trouble-shooting I discovered that the parts were being dropped
from the BOM ...if... the 'Part Type' field was empty.
 Is it supposed to do this?

It makes it a little difficult to check the parts list in our MRP system
against the BOM from the schematic if the parts are just dropped.... as if
they are not in the schematic at all...

Just wondering if any of you have noticed this before.

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer
DATRON WORLD COMMUNICATIONS INC.
3030 Enterprise Court
Vista, CA 92083
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
IPC Designers Council, San Diego Chapter
http://www.ipc.org/SanDiego/
http://home.fda.net/bbrooks/pca/pca.htm