"Greg Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 2001-02-15 11:43:17 AM wondered:
>  I have been using Protel 99 for a couple of years now both for schematic
entry
> and the subsequent PCB creation. I have always created netlist from the SCH
> and then gone into the PCB (which I manually place) and load nets. I also
> use this procedure if I make a change later in the SCH. I know about the
> synchronize SCH and PCB function but have been wary of it, the one time I
> tried it, it seemed to have a mind of its own. Is the way I'm doing it
> totally inefficient or is this a common practice?

Dear Greg Olson,

I have been using Protel 99 for a little over a year now, and I've always used
the "Design | Update PCB" and "Design | Update Schematic" tools. That method
seems to be just as reliable (at least in SP5) as loading a netlist the other
way with "Design | Create netlist..." and "Design | Load nets...", and it
certainly takes fewer clicks of the mouse.

--
David Cary