we use a lot of the new mech layers now

if the bd has parts on both sides and is SMD then 2 layers are used for
designators which don't fit outside the part
another for title block
another 2 for assy dwgs, 2 sides
a layer dedicated to outline only so that various combinations will
always show the outline, this is the most useful thing since the new
layer
another layer for fab details
a layer for mech interferences and enclosure ref
a layer for little whichies used to ref to box dwgs via dxf
and probably more I forgot

Dennis Saputelli