On 11:49 AM 2/28/01 -0800, Andrew W. Riley III said:
>I also received three failure notices today that are dated yesterday
>afternoon PST,.. I never posted to the list server.

I got them too.

It's one of those "clever" auto-replies that some people set up to
intercept mail while they're away.

I put quotations around the word clever, btw, because it really isn't.

If it were, then the muy-importante persons who enacted the filter would
have been more selective about the return audience, thereby avoiding the
the potential labels of  "noodnik" and "spammer".

r,

aj