Success!!!

After posting my initial inquiry, impatience made me dig deeper...

I uninstalled the driver, then re-installed it. I noticed there was a screen
with a checkbox for additional dual-head support, so I checked it and proceeded
with the install.

Once installed and rebooted, I still did not have separate desktop space and
resolutions. However, this time I discovered some additional dual-head settings
for the monitor in the monitor settings properties. At this point, the Matrox
driver has to "modify" some of the Win2K display drivers (so it says) and
reboot.

After rebooting I had my 2nd independent desktop and could individually adjust
each monitor setting.

Matrox certainly doesn't make dual-head support under Win2K as intuitive or
easy as with Win98, but it's working great and I'm a VERY HAPPY camper. :-)

I'm posting this now running 1600 x 1200 on my 21" monitor and 1280 x 1024 on
my 17" monitor.

So indeed, it DOES work. Good job Matrox! I thought I'd post my experience for
the sake of anyone else who might have a Matrox G400/G450 in their Win2K system
and want to run dual monitors.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:58:49 -0600, Matt Pobursky wrote:
>Brian,
>
>What steps did go through to setup your monitors?
>
>I can't seem to get any different display modes with the V5.51 G400 drivers in
>Win2K than I could with previous versions. I still get one "virtual" desktop,
>split equally between each monitor. My only choice is to slit horizontally or
>vertically.
>
>I double checked the driver version and I am indeed running V5.51.
>
>Thanks for any information you can provide!
>
>Matt Pobursky
>Maximum Performance Systems
>

>On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 00:28:55 -0500, Brian Guralnick wrote:
>>Ohh, happy day, FINALLY FULL DUAL HEAD under Win2K!
>>

>>    The new Matrox G400 drivers for Win2K.  Version 5.51 support different
>>resolutions on both screens of Win2K!.  Get  them at Matrox.com...  I'm now
>>running my left screen at 2048x1536 & my  right screen at 1280x1024 giving me
>>an effective horizontal resolution of  3228...  So much for the theory of
>>Win2K's maximum raster size of  2560x1024...

>>Brian Guralnick

* To join or leave this list visit: