Hello everyone,
My original postings about having difficulties loading a fairly a large
netlist may have been attributed to the network.    I have the same design
working on my home computer which is also networked, however my libraries
are stored locally.    After routing several days and which ws completed on
Spectra then porting back to Protel,  I had to make some parts swapping
since I maintain separate patterns to satisfy spectra rules and separate
patterns for Protels rules.  I followed my method of clearing the old
netlist first. This time I saved and closed the design,  closed all other
programs running, and even killed my network.   I restarted Protel, reloaded
the netlist and in less than several minutes the 18K netlist loaded.  Sounds
trivial on  small designs but this one, even a drc can take several hours.
Ah the advantage of working at home.  I can play tennis while the computer
is busy.

To my collegues out west....sure wish I was attending the Potel
party...maybe next year.    Lee Ritchey is holding one of his High speed
design seminars in Gaithersburg, Md  April 9 and 10.  I will be in
attendance.   Are there any other designers from the east coast (USA) that
are also attending?

I think its flattering the competion is looking in. Actually, I always tried
to know what my compition was up to.. design tools, number of emplyees,
making or loosing money, etc.

Regards,

Mike Reagan
EDSI