Thanks for your response Jon.

I have had about 10 long phone calls with the Prototype board house we
use and still haven't come up with a reasonable way to make 4 oz. on one
side and 2 oz. on the other so we have settled for 3 oz. on both outer
layers with 1 oz. on two inner layers.  I am almost done laying out the
board and after it is ordered I will try to do a FEA thermal analysis
with ALGOR and include the thermal properties of the FR4 insulating
materials as well as all four layers.  The aluminum heatsinks form a
tunnel full of fins with a fan at one end so we do not expect a problem
with heat sink to air heat flow.

I will share the results as this evolves.  Our goal is to keep signal
paths as short as possible, have no wires and have almost all assembly
done with pick & place.  I am sure we will need to have some hand
soldering, at least with the high power inductors and transformer.

The inner layer next to the high power side is a ground plane.  The
power side has two ground strips also with copper buss bars soldered on
that go the whole length of the board, 15".  I am not sure how to
connect the two.  I am tempted to make a via every 100 mills of so keep
then tightly bonded.  We do sensitive measurements of the Vds on the
MOSFET's that have their sources on ground so a little delta on the
ground plane could through things off a bit.

Thanks
Heart

* To join or leave this list visit: